The 5-star Virginia Peninsula chapter of the Military Officers Association of America (VIPMOAA) encompasses Fort Eustis, Langley Air Force Base, Naval Weapons Station Yorktown, Yorktown Coast Guard Station and surrounding towns and counties. Most members live in Williamsburg, Yorktown, Newport News and Hampton. Historic Jamestown Fort and Fort Monroe are also located in VIPMOAA's area.
VIPMOAA has over 350 member/families who enjoy a variety of gatherings and events. See info on this website about these activities, including legislative advocacy, student awards including a new chapter scholarship fund, supporting honor flights, Virginia wounded warriors and more.
VIPMOAA is a private, non profit, 501(c) (19) organization. All board members are un-paid volunteers. VIPMOAA is an active member of the Virginia Council of Chapters (VCOC) MOAA. http://virginiamoaa.com/homevcoc.html
Purposes of VIPMOAA:
- Uphold the Constitution of the United States.
- Support a sufficient military force for the nation.
- Inform chapter members and family about military matters.
- Promote a spirit of comradery among members.
- Serve as regional point of contact.
- Reinforce locally the legislative goals and objectives of MOAA and the VCOC.
- Provide factual personal affairs & survivor assistance to members and family.